Effective communication skills are an essential element in this day and age. It is the basis on which companies and careers are built and a crucial component of lasting success. Whether it’s a face-to-face conversation or a professionally written e-mail exchange, a meaningful message entails establishing a connection that leaves a powerful impression. The communication courses and seminars will help you develop a truly engaging and responsive communication style, leading to positive results for you and your organization.
This course targets employees in middle to senior level positions to help improve your techniques for either communicating with staff, peers or executive directors.
• Understand the purpose of your presentation
• Strategically plan your presentation based upon an audience analysis
• Apply assertive verbal skills to capture and maintain audience interest
• Apply critical listening skills and respond confidently to questions
• Develop awareness of how effective non-verbal messages are communicated
• Improve meetings through effective communication skills
• Research the gathering of data and drawing up a report
• Gather, structure and organise a formal report using mind-mapping effectively
• Design and use appropriate visual aids to support your presentation
• Deliver and evaluate your presentation by reviewing a video for a more professional impact
• Apply a rigorous communication checklist in evaluating presentations
• Clear communication techniques
• Different communication styles.
• A better understanding of your own communication style.
• How to adapt your style in order to build rapport more easily.
• Use of Visual, auditory and kinaesthetic styles can enhance your message.
• Communicating to different age groups.
• Developing effective questioning and listening skills.
• Benefits of using external tools to present and support your message.
The seminar will be conducted through Group and one to one coaching, PowerPoint presentations and facilitation. The course is also designed to help improve or consolidate your presentation skills via the use of PowerPoint and flip charts, to help support or reinforce your message.