Strategic Development Communications training is a mixture of skills workshops and lecture formats that are aimed at equipping one with crucial theory and practical skills. Participants work with top experts from the field while studying a host of communication building blocks. These range from planning and executing Results Based Communication Strategies to daily aligning their work with organizational goals. Furthermore, they develop skills they can immediately apply in the workplace, such as social media skills, presentation delivery, media interviews and storytelling. To enrich the program, facilitators and practitioners have an international mix. The skills workshop will equip the Learners with practical training that is essential in the development of communication tools and techniques.
The training will take 3 days.
Communication and PR Executives and Managers (and others responsible for strategic communication) in Private Companies, Non-Profit Organizations including: Government, Non Profit Organizations (NGOs), Civil Society Organizations (CSO), Training Institutions, Research Institutions, Faith Based Organizations, Donor organizations, among others.
The aim of the course is to make the experts :
· To be thought leaders in the communication field;
· Lead and Manage Communication Units;
· Remain strategic within the organisation by always aligning communication to the overall organisational goals and objectives;
· Plan, Execute and Evaluate a Comprehensive Communications Strategy with the bottom-line in mind;
· Pick and Plan for Corporate Communication Campaigns, Policy Advocacy or Behaviour Change. Some campaign strategies to select from will include: Public Relations; Community Mobilization; Fundraising; Media Advocacy; Behaviour Change Communication (BCC);
· Information Education and Communication (IEC) and options for strengthening internal communication, among others;
· Incorporate Results Based Management to the Communication Strategy;
· Refine their Organizational Branding so that they differentiate their group from the masses as they reach out to donors and other target audiences;
· Deal with opposition and develop tactics for handling negative publicity;
· Get internal “buy –in” within the board while strengthening internal communication. Ensure key messages are consistently echoed throughout the organization;
· Make informed choices about communication resources .
The methods for training will entail the use of guided sessions by the instructor, presentations and tutorial sessions and practical skills workshops.