In most organizations, Contract Monitoring and Disbursement Management involves Desk Review, Focused Review and Comprehensive Program Review. Monitoring of expenditures and services levels via written materials and reports such as invoices, monthly reports, and expenditure reports. Dedicated time with an agency or project staff to observe program operations, discuss program performance, address programmatic or contract related issues, or provide technical assistance.
On-site assessment of programmatic records, applicable policies and procedures, compliance with program standards/contract terms/regulations, reporting, and other items depending on the type of contract, type of program, or fund source as deemed appropriate by the organizational leadership.
The purpose of contract monitoring is to ensure that all parties to the contract fully meet their respective obligations as efficiently and effectively as possible, delivering the business and operational outputs required from the contract and providing value for money. It also protects the rights of the parties and ensures required performance when circumstances change.
The training course focuses primarily on the fiduciary aspects of Contract Monitoring and Disbursement Management programs. It is intended to serve as a guide for the effective implementation of competitive project funds or grant programs, and specifically covers areas of procurement, disbursement and financial management.
This training course in intended for middle - Senior Members in the public sector, Contracting Officer’s Representatives (CORs), Contracting Officers (CO), including senior management, heads of lending departments and their teams.
Upon completing this training, the participants should be able to:
- Develop and maximize chances of contract performance in accordance with contractual covenants
- Provide robust contract monitoring strategies that support all parties in a contract agreement
- Enhance support for continuous development, quality improvement and innovation throughout the life cycle of the contract
- Provide an auditable approach to contract monitoring and disbursement management
- Encourage effective clear and regular communication underpinned by clear communication mechanism
- Demonstrate clear lines of roles, responsibilities and accountability, responding to changing conditions
- Ensuring compliance all dealings in work and services in contract monitoring and disbursement management