WHO SHOULD APPLY
This course is designed for middle- to senior-level managers working in public health from national, provincial government or international agencies and non-governmental organisations, who are responsible for health programmes in communicable and non-communicable diseases, their various administrative aspects and donor communications for the implementation of health programmes.
On completion of this course you should be able to:
- Discuss why strategic management has become crucial in today’s dynamic healthcare environment.
- Trace the evolution of strategic management and discuss its conceptual foundations.
- Describe and explain the concept of strategic thinking maps.
- Define and differentiate between strategic management, strategic thinking, strategic planning, and managing strategic momentum.
- Understand the necessity for both the analytic and emergent models of strategic management.
- Understand how an organization may realize a strategy that it never intended.
- Understand the benefits of strategic management for healthcare organizations.
- Understand the importance of systems approaches.
- Explain the links between the different levels of strategy within an organization.
- Describe the various leadership roles in strategic management.
- The Nature of Strategic Management
- Understanding and Analyzing the General Environment and the Health Care Environment
- Service Area Competitor Analysis
- Internal Environmental Analysis and Competitive Advantage
- Directional Strategies
- Developing Strategic Alternatives
- Evaluation of Alternatives and Strategic Choice
- Value-Adding Service Delivery Strategies
- Value-Adding Support Strategies
- Communicating the Strategy and Developing Action Plans
- Analyzing Strategic Health Care Cases
- Health Care Organization Accounting, Finance, and Performance Analysis
- Health Care Acronyms
Participants should be reasonably proficient in English.
The instructor led trainings are delivered using a blended learning approach and comprises of presentations, guided sessions of practical exercise, web-based tutorials and group work. Our facilitators are seasoned industry experts with years of experience, working as professional and trainers in these fields.
Start Date: 07/08/2019
End Date: 07/12/2019
Registration for this course has been closed. Please click ALL COURSES to view more future courses