This is a training course for non?engineering professionals, getting you up to speed on virtually all aspects of telecom, data communications and networking, from fundamentals and jargon to the latest technologies.
Who Should Attend?
- Professionals needing to fill in the knowledge gaps, understand the buzzwords and jargon, popular technologies like LTE, Ethernet, TCP/IP and MPLS, and more importantly, understand the ideas behind these technologies and how it all fits together.
- Non-Engineering professionals who are in need of a solid knowledge base to be more effective in dealing with technology projects and technical personnel.
- Managers and planners. Telecom system administrators. Finance, tax and accounting personnel. Software and support system developers.
- Decision-makers and project managers who need to understand what the "techies" are saying.
- Anyone who wants to eliminate buzzword frustration, understand the concepts and how it all fits together.
- Anyone willing to invest five days to obtain career-enhancing training, with certification and reference book.
- Understand telecom fundamentals:
- Telephony and the telephone network
- Voice over IP
- Digital voice and video
- The telecom business, ILECs and CLECs
- The Cloud and how services are provided
- Wireless telecom: cellular to 4G and WiFi.
- Fill in the gaps in your knowledge.
- Form a solid base on which to build.
By the end of this course, participants should be able to:
- Eliminate uncertainty and frustration in not knowing terms and technologies with a clear understanding of telecom, datacom and networking fundamentals, components, systems, standards, jargon and buzzwords.
- Cut through the jargon and vendor hype to get unbiased explanations of all of the mainstream choices for implementing telecom, allowing you to make meaningful comparisons and informed decisions … knowledge skills you can put to use today and in the future.
- Get up to speed on the latest developments and trends. This course is totally up to date with SIP trunking, VoIP, 4G, Optical Ethernet, MPLS and more, providing far more benefit than outdated courses.
- This course is specifically designed for non?engineers: learn the fundamentals, concepts and underlying ideas – in plain English – and fill the gaps in your knowledge, without bogging down on details.
- Learn from the best. Instructor-led training is the best you can get, where you can interact and ask questions. Not only do instructors consistently receive highest ratings on student evaluations and specific praise of their ability to get ideas across, our instructors hold Bachelor of Engineering degrees or equivalent and have decades of experience working in the field.
The methods for training will entail the use of guided sessions, presentations and practical exercises. The course will also utilize web-based tutorials and group work whereby the participants will work with professionals in these fields.