Training Course on International Financial Reporting Standards IFRS, Nairobi , Mombasa ; Kenya
This course will cover the International Accounting Standards (IAS) and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS). The course will concentrate on the IAS and IFRS frameworks. The course is designed to give students a thorough understanding of international accounting standards.
1. Recognize the importance of financial reporting
2. Become familiar with financial statements.
3. Identify the criteria for recognizing assets and liabilities.
4. Become familiar with the accrual basis of accounting.
5. Identify the capital principle and the need for capital maintenance.
6. Understand the distinct IFRS and IAS standards' recognition, measurement bases, and disclosures.
Who should attend
Financial directors, financial managers, procurement directors, administrators, procurement managers, budget accountants, auditors, credit controllers, and chief accountants are among those who will benefit from the training.
· IFRS conceptual framework and associated bodies, IAS 1, IAS 8
· IAS 18 Revenue
· IAS 11 Construction contracts
· IAS 2 – Inventories
· IAS 16 – Property, Plant and Equipment
· IAS 20 – Government Grants
· IAS 23 – Borrowing Costs
· IAS 17 Leases
· IAS 38 – Intangible assets
· IAS 40 – Investment Property
· IAS 41 – Agriculture
· IAS 36 – Asset Impairment
· IFRS 6 – Exploration and evaluation
· IAS 37 Assets, Provisions & Contingent liabilities
· IAS 19 Benefits to employees
· IFRS 2 Share –based payment
· IAS 12 Income taxes, IAS 32 Financial instruments
· IAS 39, IFRS 7
· IFRS 9 (Financial Instruments)
· IAS 21 Effects of foreign exchange changes
· IFRS 3 Business combination
· IFRS 11 Joint arrangements
· IFRS 12 Disclosures
· IFRS 13 Fair Value Measurement
· IAS 33 Per share earning
· IFRS 8 Operating segments
· IFRS 5 Non-current assets held for discontinuation and sale
· IAS 10 Reporting period after events
· IAS 24 Party disclosure
· IAS 34 Reporting by interim
· IFRS 1 Adoption of IFRS for the first time
The instructor led trainings are delivered using a blended learning approach and comprises of presentations, guided sessions of practical exercise, web-based tutorials and group work. Our facilitators are seasoned industry experts with years of experience, working as professional and trainers in these fields.
i. The participant must be conversant with English.
ii. Upon completion of training the participant will be issued with an Authorized Training Certificate
iii. Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
iv. The course fee includes facilitation training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate upon successful completion of Training.
v. One-year post-training support Consultation and Coaching provided after the course.
vi. Payment should be done at least a week before commence of the training, to DATASTAT CONSULTANCY LTD account, as indicated in the invoice so as to enable us prepare better for you.