Training Course on Hospital Administration Management Nairobi and Mombasa; Kenya
The health care is an evolving sector currently and it is rapidly changing. These sector has been facing rebirth over time. Therefore, health care providers must be able to advance their skills to be able to evaluate the dynamics especially in health management, advance in medical technology, advance in information technology, gradual change in organization management and the need to achieve sustainable development goals.
This is an advanced program in public health policy, health administration, health service management and public management. Healthcare leadership Competence is essential since it provides an effective skill for management in this area. This course is designed specifically to enrich individuals, professionals, clinical officers, researchers, students and other health practitioners with skills in health management skills.
The course will cover a wide range of topics including financial management, organization, health systems, ethics, operations, quality control and other relevant areas. The course will be divided based on the following five categories; Operation Management, Financial management, human resource management, legal (ethics) responsibility and communication.
- To promote the development of quality services in the health center
- To update knowledge and skills in the field of hospital administration and management
- To promote high standard of accreditation of the health center
Module 1: Principles of operation management
- Introduction to management, fundamental of planning
- Management of control system
- Management of Organizational
- Inventory Control and Supply Chain Management
- Human Resource Management
- Operations Management - Operations Management
- Introduction to Planning
- Attributes of a good planning framework
- Components of a strategic planning
- Introduction to Waste Management and Hygiene and Infection Control
- Safety and Security
- Disaster Management
Module 2: Communication
- Introduction to Business Communication
- Effective communication with clients
- Barriers to an effective communication
- Health education
- Compliance to treatment
- Contact tracing and treatment
Module 3: Financial management
- Formulating a master budget
- Budgeting, Introduction to Health Insurance, Insurance
- Marketing of Hospital and Health Services
- Principals of Accounting, Preparation of Financial Statements, Analysis and Interpretation of Financial Statements and Introduction to Cost Accounting
Module 4: Legal responsibility
- Designing and maintain a compliance program for compliance with laws and regulation
- Information Technology
- Ethics and Laws Applicable to Hospitals & Medical Practice
- Quality Assurance in Hospitals
- Techniques of Quality Assurance – Benchmarking, Overview of the ISO System and Accreditation in Health Care Organizations
- Conflict management
- Public Relations
Module 5: Human resource management
- Human Resource Management Roles
- Performing Appraisal
- Recruitment and Selection
- Reward Management
- Training and Development
- Labor Laws
- Employee Termination & Separation
- Pay Leave & Compensation
The instructor led trainings are delivered using a blended learning approach and comprises of presentations, guided sessions of practical exercise, web-based tutorials and group work. Our facilitators are seasoned industry experts with years of experience, working as professional and trainers in these fields.
i. The participant must be conversant with English.
ii. Upon completion of training the participant will be issued with an Authorized Training Certificate
iii. Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
iv. The course fee includes facilitation training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate upon successful completion of Training.
v. One-year post-training support Consultation and Coaching provided after the course.
vi. Payment should be done at least a week before commence of the training, to DATASTAT CONSULTANCY LTD account, as indicated in the invoice so as to enable us prepare better for you.