Training Course on Development of Indicators for Effective Governance in Nairobi and Mombasa; Kenya
Governance has been defined as the manner in which power is exercised in the management of a country’s economic and social resources for development. However, governance is not simply about how a government conducts business in its own sphere. It is also about how government interacts with civil society. It tells how well government has encouraged and facilitated people’s participation not only in the delivery of services but also in the evaluation and monitoring of government performance itself.
Governance is a complex concept. It includes state institutions and structures, decision making processes, capacity to implement and the relationship between government officials and the public. This course covers the latest developments in developing indicators of effective good governance
This training course in intended for Business Managers, Chief Executive Officers, Board Members, Auditing Committee Members, Internal and External Auditors and government officials and those from both the private and public sector who wish to undertake governance
Upon completing this workshop, the delegates should be able to:
· Develop measurable indicators of good governance in the public sector and at the local government level
· Test the applicable and acceptable good governance indicators in evaluating and monitoring governance and performance
· Understand that indicators can be integrated in the monitoring and evaluation system within the framework of Sustainable Human Development
· Develop confidence in crafting effective indicators of good corporate governance in the organization
· Gain understanding of the essential factors of good corporate governance and how to sustain business ethics
· Enhance understanding of the fundamentals of the composite index of the quality of governance at the different governance levels
· Facilitate the analysis of the organization or the country-specific and crosscutting case studies.
- Principles of good governance;
- Measuring the performance of governments;
- Construction of composite welfare/human development indices;
- Approach and methodology
i. What is the problem?
ii. How can we get data?
iii. What data can we get?
iv. How can we use the data?
- Construction of a governance index;
- Utilization of governance indicators.
The instructor led trainings are delivered using a blended learning approach and comprises of presentations, guided sessions of practical exercise, web-based tutorials and group work. Our facilitators are seasoned industry experts with years of experience, working as professional and trainers in these fields.
i. The participant must be conversant with English.
ii. Upon completion of training the participant will be issued with an Authorized Training Certificate
iii. Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
iv. The course fee includes facilitation training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate upon successful completion of Training.
v. One-year post-training support Consultation and Coaching provided after the course.
vi. Payment should be done at least a week before commence of the training, to DATASTAT CONSULTANCY LTD account, as indicated in the invoice so as to enable us prepare better for you.