The Agricultural Leadership Development Programme provides you with an exclusive training opportunity to develop your managerial, analytical and creative decision-making competencies in the agricultural sector by honing team-building, negotiation, presentation, communication and leadership skills at a strategic management level. The programme specifically focuses on strategic thinking and leadership development in a rapidly changing and competitive agri-business environment. During the programme, you will not only gain a better understanding of current agricultural issues and challenges farmers face, but also how they impact on establishing a stronger and more sustainable agricultural sector.
Who should attend?
- Managers & Supervisors in Agriculture Sectors
- Individuals who are interested in Agri-Business
- Entrepreneurs & Business Owners
- Agri-Business professionals who wish to enhance their skills and competencies
- Any professional who has to or is willing to work with Agri-Business.
The purpose of this programme is to:
ü develop leadership skills in and for organised agriculture
ü develop the ability to optimise diversity and group dynamics
ü provide guidance for the development of a common
ü understanding of the unique challenges and dynamics of
ü South African agriculture.
ü facilitate the crafting of a common vision with which
ü opportunities can be pursued and challenges overcome, and
ü focus on both local and international agricultural issues
· Corporate governance
· Environmental analysis
· Financial management
· Fresh produce marketing focus:
1) overview on consumer trends, international market trends, local market trends, and developments regarding trading in Africa, and
2) special presentation by leading fresh produce exporter and a leading local retailer.
• Labour relations and human resources
• Negotiation skills
• Personal development
• Presentation and communication skills
• Project management
• Risk management
• Supply chain management
• Team building
The instructor led trainings are delivered using a blended learning approach and comprises of presentations, guided sessions of practical exercise, web-based tutorials and group work. Our facilitators are seasoned industry experts with years of experience, working as professional and trainers in these fields.