Training Course On Data Management And Analysis For M&E In Priority Health Programmes; Nairobi and Mombasa, Kenya
Data on impact of policies, and interventions on health is crucial in this era of information technology. Both governments and civil society have a need for information on health programs and trends and the impact of policies and interventions. Monitoring, evaluation and impact assessment are undertaken by governments, NGOs, international agencies and donors. The course emphasizes the need for careful selection of indicators in designing information support systems at various administrative levels and the skills required for analysis and interpretation of data collected for policy making.
The course is job-oriented and the training approach is interactive. It provides the participants with the possibility to learn from expert facilitators as well as from each other.
The training targets staff of governmental and non-governmental organisations from policy and planning; staff at the national and sub-national level with responsibility for promoting community and household food and nutrition security within different sectors (agriculture, education, health, community development, local government, and planning); staff working at management and co-ordination level in the planning, management, implementation and monitoring of community food security and nutrition programmes or rural development programmes with nutrition components; staff working in action-oriented research, advisory and teaching positions directly relevant to food and nutrition security; and MSc students.
Upon completion of the course you will:
• Understand the role of food and nutrition security for attaining the MDGs
• Understand the principles of participatory and learning orientated planning, monitoring and evaluation in food and nutrition security
• Understand the principles of participatory and learning-oriented planning, monitoring and evaluation in food and nutrition security;
• Have strengthened your competence to design an M&E-system
• Have clear ideas for improving M&E systems and impact assessments for food and nutrition security.
• The Evolving Role of Agriculture in Rural Economies
• M&E Frameworks
• Measuring results in Agriculture and RD programmes
• Interpreting and Communicating results for M&E
• Data collection, management and data quality
• ICT tools for data collection, monitoring and evaluation in Agriculture and rural development
• Data analysis and interpretation for Agriculture and rural development
• Summarizing data
• Introduction to qualitative data Analysis
• Quantitative data Analysis
• Assessing Programme Impact on Agriculture and rural development
Proficiency in use of English language
Meet admission criteria
The instructor led trainings are delivered using a blended learning approach and comprises of presentations, guided sessions of practical exercise, web based tutorials and group work. Our facilitators are seasoned industry experts with years of experience, working as professional and trainers in these fields.