This course explores how current economic conditions impact finances, before showing you how to manage yours more effectively. You will find out whether you have bad financial habits and how to address them; discover a simple four-stage model for making sound financial decisions; examine the two components of budgeting – income and expenditure – and how to manage them; and look at a key area of spending – insurance.
By the end of this training you will be able to:
- Identify and understand how financial needs change over the life course
- Identify, understand and apply a model for financial decision-making
- Identify and appreciate how human behaviour affects financial decisions
- Identify and understand the impact of inflation and tax on incomes
- Apply and appreciate the social and economic factors that influence spending
- Design and manage a household budget
- Identify and understand insurance products and when to buy them
- Financial planning over the life course
- Prioritising plans
- Human behaviour and financial decisions
- Applying a financial decision-making model
- Income and inflation
- Income and taxation
- Government benefits
- Factors influencing household expenditure
- Creating and managing a household budget
- Understanding when to buy insurance products
- The range of insurance products
The trainings are delivered using a blended learning approach and comprise of presentations, guided sessions of practical exercise, web-based tutorials and group work. Our facilitators are seasoned industry experts with years of experience, working as professional and trainers in these fields.
All facilitation and course materials will be offered in English. The participants should be reasonably proficient in English.