WHO SHOULD APPLY
Public health practitioners, epidemiologists, exposure scientists, quantitative health geographers, risk assessors, students.
On completion of this course you should be able to:
- List and illustrate the various types of healthcare information
- Gain an excellent overview of foundational principles and practical strategies
- Apply the tools necessary to facilitate movement from a paper-based to an electronic health record environment while championing the importance of managing in such an environment.
- Deploy health care information technology and leverage investments while introducing significant change.
- Develop the skills required to enhance quality of patient care through the use of health care information technology and strategy considerations.
- Stimulate discussions on how to apply concepts included in the course to real-life scenarios through case studies of organizations experiencing management-related information system challenges.
· Health Care Information
· Introduction to Health Care Information
· Health Care Data Quality
· Health Care Information Regulations, Laws, and Standards
· Health Care Information Systems
· History and Evolution of Health Care Information Systems
· Clinical Information Systems
· Federal Efforts to Enhance Quality of Patient Care through the Use of Health Information Technology
· System Acquisition
· System Implementation and Support
· Information Technology
· Technologies That Support Health Care Information Systems
· Health Care Information System Standards
· Security of Health Care Information Systems
· Senior Management IT Challenges
· Organizing Information Technology Services
· IT Alignment and Strategic Planning
· Strategy Considerations IT Governance and Management
· Management’s Role in Major IT Initiatives
Participants should be reasonably proficient in English.
The instructor led trainings are delivered using a blended learning approach and comprises of presentations, guided sessions of practical exercise, web-based tutorials and group work. Our facilitators are seasoned industry experts with years of experience, working as professional and trainers in these fields.