WHO SHOULD APPLY
This course is designed for middle- to senior-level managers working in public health from national, provincial government or international agencies and non-governmental organisations, who are responsible for health programmes in communicable and non-communicable diseases, their various administrative aspects and donor communications for the implementation of health programmes.
On completion of this course you should be able to:
- Get easily digested information through practical checklists and forms that can be readily put to use.
- Gain knowledge on management, hazard control, compliance, standards, and accreditation.
- Acquire information on leadership, performance improvement, risk management, organizational culture, behavioral safety, root cause analysis, new OSHA and Joint Commission requirements, and regulatory changes.
- Apply a proactive approach to safety management and leadership.
- Get an emphasis on preventing accidents, injuries, and other adverse organizational events as senior healthcare leaders must learn to promote safety as an organizational value.
- Control hazards, manage risks and maintain proactive safety management programs.
· Introduction to Healthcare Hazard Control
· Healthcare Safety Management
· Healthcare Hazard Control
· Safety Regulations, Standards, and Organizations
· Emergency Management and Fire Safety
· General and Physical Plant Safety
· Managing Hazardous Materials
· Biological Hazard Control
· Safety in Patient and Clinical Areas
· Support Department Safety
Participants should be reasonably proficient in English.
The instructor led trainings are delivered using a blended learning approach and comprises of presentations, guided sessions of practical exercise, web-based tutorials and group work. Our facilitators are seasoned industry experts with years of experience, working as professional and trainers in these fields.