To build the capacity of Development professionals who are actively engaged in the Agriculture and food security activities in governmental and non-governmental organizations need to support efforts in improving survival rates of Agribusinesses that currently have a high rate of failure. Entrepreneurship and Agribusiness Development are the best hope for reviving weak world economies. Entrepreneurs cannot do it alone; they need an enabling environment in which their business can grow.
This course is designed to give insights into the basic requirements for increasing the level of entrepreneurship in communities at local and national levels. This course will provide hands-on training in Entrepreneurship and Agribusiness Development and the application of Knowledge to decision making in Entrepreneurship and Agribusiness Development planning and Management. Training that will enable the learner to know how to address these challenges. It focuses on the things entrepreneurs care most about, and that ultimately affect their bottom line: How to raise money, make money, save money and help others to do so.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This course targets individuals working in governments, funding agencies, and research and non-government organizations for Emergency response and other Development programmes. It is also suitable for business owners and representatives from organizations that support entrepreneurship and/or seek to enable an environment in which businesses can flourish
Upon completion of the course, participants will:
- Understand the basic concepts of Entrepreneurship and Agriculture Development
- Learn the basic requirements for business operations
- Know the causes of many business failures
- Learn how to overcome pitfalls in businesses
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
- Introduction to Entrepreneurship and Agribusiness Development
- Developing one’s own Agri-business enterprise
- Persistency and resilience
- Determination in patience
- Taking personal responsibility
- Converting situations into opportunity.
Proficiency in use of English language
Meet admission criteria
The trainings are delivered using a blended learning approach such as presentations, group work, guided sessions of practical exercise and web based tutorials.