Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) is an object oriented programming language developed by Microsoft. VBA language has been integrated with Excel in order to have programming features which enables the developers to handle the data manipulation along with Excel function very easily. VBA is good for developing reporting systems in a capital markets environment and developing core business performance reporting etc.
Using a step-by-step approach, this course shows how the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) programming language can extend the functionality of Excel. Students will learn to write macros to accept user input, read to and write from cells, and manipulate data. They will also learn to write custom functions and create user forms. Useful examples of problems and their solutions will be provided.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This advanced training course is ideal for:
- People wanting to use more complex functions within Excel.
- All persons using Excel spreadsheets in an advanced way and wish to extend Excel functionality and automate tasks.
- All persons involved in spreadsheet work where significant automation is required.
- Users with an intermediate or advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word but with little or no knowledge of VBA programming.
- Participants will need to have attended or be familiar with the basics of Microsoft Excel.
Upon completion of this training course, participants should be able to:
- Record and run macros
- Understand and apply object-oriented concepts
- Understand events in Excel
- Be acquainted with the most important Excel VBA objects and properties
- Understand Excel VBA functions and write their own functions
- Use the Visual Basic environment to code and edit complex programs
- Programming in Microsoft Excel
- VBA Terminology
- Understanding Objects
- Viewing the Excel Object Model
- Using the Immediate Window
- Working with Object Collections
- Setting Property Values
- Working with Worksheets
- Using the Object Browser
- Programming with the Object Browser
The VBA Editor
- The VBA Editor Screen
- Opening and Closing the Editor
- Using the Project Explorer
- Working with the Properties Window
- Using the Work Area
- Viewing Other Panes
- Working with Toolbars
- Working with a Code Module
- Running Code from the Editor
- Setting Breakpoints in the Editor
- Stepping Through Code
Using ArraysFunctions In VBA
- Understanding Functions
- Creating VBA Functions
- Using a VBA Function in a Worksheet
- Setting Function Data Types
- Using Multiple Arguments
- Modifying a VBA Function
- Creating a Function Library
- Referencing a Function Library
- Importing a VBA Module
- Using a Function In VBA Code
- Using the MsgBox Function
- Using the InputBox Function and InputBox Method
- The IF Statement for Single and Multiple Conditions
- The Select Case Statement
- Using The Select Case Statement
- For Loops
- Looping With Specified Iterations
- The Do...Loop Statement
- Looping With Unknown Iterations
The instructor led trainings are delivered using a blended learning approach and comprises of presentations, guided sessions of practical exercise, web based tutorials and group work. Our facilitators are seasoned industry experts with years of experience, working as professional and trainers in these fields.
All facilitation and course materials will be offered in English. The participants should be reasonably proficient in English.