Capacity development is a series of strategies, a variety of tools and techniques which, when applied in a systematic way, promote both organizational capacity building and institutional development. This workshop will offer managers and interested participants with the tools needed to promote capacity development in organizations. The workshop will focus on strategic human resource development competencies and equip you with knowledge to draft a capacity development plan for your unit, with specific actions as well as new questions for the unit to explore.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course is relevant to assistant director or deputy director who is involved or interested in capacity building.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Think for the good of the whole (the organization as a tool for national development),
- Understand the relationship between organization development and institution building,
- Give constructive feedback,
- Formulate ideas for intra/interagency collaborations,
- Foster a positive, appreciative environment where innovative ideas are valued
- Ask new questions and reframing the definitions of organization
- Deal with resistance
- Lead, mentor and other development activities
- What is capacity building and development?
- Manager’s role in capacity building
- Situation-Behavior-Impact analysis
- Identifying values and norms
- Understanding power, influence, and authority
- Question thinking tools
- Sphere of influence
- Resistance and safety
- Giving and receiving feedback
- Retention strategies
- Influence targets and planning
- Sharing ideas and practices on capacity building
Participants should be reasonably proficient in English.
The instructor led trainings are delivered using a blended learning approach and comprises of presentations, guided sessions of practical exercise, web based tutorials and group work. Our facilitators are seasoned industry experts with years of experience, working as professional and trainers in these fields.
All facilitation and course materials will be offered in English. The participants should be reasonably proficient in English.
Start Date: 02/04/2019
End Date: 02/08/2019
Ksh 80000, $ 900
Registration for this course has been closed. Please click ALL COURSES to view more future courses