WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This course is intended for various actors in the Agriculture Extension (Agricultural extension officers, senior agricultural officials and policy makers) working with communities, in governments, funding agencies, Public Health Officers, Research organizations and non-government organizations among others for Agriculture support activities and other Development programmes.
By the end of the course, learners will be able to:
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of the basic principles of nutrition and how they relate to overall health and exercise performance.
- Understand the impact of lifestyle on health, and the ways one can modify lifestyle to affect disease or promote health.
- Establish nutrition disorders, prescribe therapeutic diets, and provide preliminary counseling on specific nutrient needs.
- Implement health maintenance and preventive nutrition care.
- Use medical nutrition remedies (such as nutrition assessment methods, behavioral counseling) for personal self-care where desirable.
- Create and evaluate a comprehensive educational and instructional nutrition tool or a care plan program using appropriate technologies.
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
· Basics of nutrition
· Water, sanitation and hygiene in community food systems
· Food safety practices and general requirements
· Cross-Cutting issues in health and nutrition
· Monitoring and Evaluation of nutrition health interventions
· Technology application in health and nutrition promotion
Participants should be reasonably proficient in English.
The instructor led trainings are delivered using a blended learning approach and comprises of presentations, guided sessions of practical exercise, web-based tutorials, and group work. Our facilitators are seasoned industry experts with years of experience, working as professional and trainers in these fields.