The efficiency and accuracy of data are improved when remote sensing data products and GIS are used. For optimum utilization of available agricultural land resources on a sustainable basis, timely and reliable information regarding their nature, extent and spatial distribution along with their potential and limitations is very important. Spatial tools such as the Global Positioning System (GPS), Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and Remote Sensing (RS) for storing and analyzing spatial data can help us make better decisions in agriculture, land development, environmental protection and restoration.
This course targets; Agricultural experts, soil scientists, Animal Scientists, agronomist, entomologists, ranch managers, farm managers, environmentalist, farmers and students.
• Understand the basic concepts of GIS and Remote Sensing
• Understand various integrations of GIS and RS Agriculture
• Understand how precision farming and how it’s applied in Agriculture
• Understand Digital Image Processing Techniques in Agriculture Resource Management
• Understand Precision farming using GIS and RS for Crop management
• Expose participants in GIS and RS applications in Water management in agriculture
• Understand GIS and RS applications in disease/pest management
• Understand participatory method in agriculture resource management in context of GIS and GIS
• Publish dynamic and interactive agricultural based map in the internet
• Introduction to GIS and Remote Sensing
• GIS and RS Agriculture
• Precision farming in Agriculture
• Digital Image Processing Techniques in Agriculture Resource Management
• Precision farming using GIS and RS for Crop management
• GIS and RS applications in Water management in agriculture
• GIS and RS applications in disease/pest management
• Interactive agricultural based map in the internet
Proficiency in use of English language
Meet admission criteria
The instructor led trainings are delivered using a blended learning approach and comprises of presentations, guided sessions of practical exercise, web based tutorials and group work. Our facilitators are seasoned industry experts with years of experience, working as professional and trainers in these fields.